1. The public is notified that all requests for inspection of public records of the Clark County Attorney’s Office must be submitted during office hours to the Official Records Custodian:
Betty Bryant – Office Director, 17 Cleveland Avenue, Winchester, KY 40391,
Phone: 859-745-0220, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday-Friday, 8:00 until 4:00 excluding holidays.
2. The request must be in writing and include the following information: (a) name, mailing address, and telephone number of the individual requesting to inspect the records, and (b) the specific record(s) the requestor wishes to inspect or to request copies, and (c) whether the records are requested for commercial or noncommercial use. If requested for commercial use, a certified statement stating the commercial purpose for which the records will be used. Available public records are open for inspection by any resident of the Commonwealth.
3. Upon receipt of a written request, the Clark County Attorney’s Office will respond within five (5) working days. If the records requested are open for public disclosure, the Office will either provide copies of the requested records, or set a time when a requestor may inspect the requested records. If the set time is not convenient for the requestor, the Office will attempt to coordinate a new inspection time convenient to all parties, but it may exceed five (5) working days. If the requested record is not open for public disclosure the records custodian will notify the requestor and provide the statutory exemption(s) under which the request falls.
4. For public records requested in standard format for noncommercial purposes, the Office may charge 10 cents per page. If the requested information is in electronic format the cost of the media and any mechanical processing may be charged. Any fees shall be paid before copies are made. For public records requested for commercial purposes, the custodian may require the requestor to enter into a contract which will include the fees charged by the Office.
5. Please note that under KRS 67.878(1)(h), all prosecutorial files held by a County Attorney are exempt from disclosure.